· Work with Global Government Affairs Team and Greater China (“GC”) management team to develop Illumina's strategies, programs and resource plan to meet the overall growth strategies and priorities of key provincial/municipal markets.
· Develop and maintain relationships with senior decision makers in the regions relevant to Illumina's business, including but not limited to local branches of national health and research ministries.
· Monitor the legislative and policy changes, and industry, technology and investment priorities in prioritized provinces/municipalities. Provide input to the GC management team on business development opportunities and longer-term business strategies.
· Establish and maintain a ready communication channel for senior Illumina executives with senior stakeholders in key provincial/municipal institutions, relevant local trade associations and health authorities, and facilitate such meetings for visiting executives.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key policy influencers within academia, associations,government and other organizations related to Illumina's business in key provincial/municipal markets.
· Actively participate in trade/commercial related bodies and various programs between the key provincial/municipal markets and the US in order to establish contacts with peer companies to promote and expand Illumina's business opportunities.
· Identify Corporate Social Responsibility programs that can relate to Illumina's business objectives.
· Working with the Global Government Affairs Team and China Central Government Affairs Team, support in managing government affairs consultants for provincial/municipal markets.