BRIDGE is seeking an ambitious, open-minded communications professional who combines a passion for global health and development with broad communications experience.
The role will be primarily responsible for leading a team to conduct strategic communications planning, develop and produce high-quality communications materials and media events, in support of the China engagement goals of our clients in the international development sector.
The ideal candidate will have excellent Chinese writing ability and strong media relations and project management skills. Previous experience in media (both traditional and social), cross-cultural communication, as well as a deep understanding of global health and development issues and current affairs, with an emphasis on China, are important. This position requires the ability to confront occasional challenges with good humor and a collaborative, problem-solving approach.
• Making complex concepts accessible and actionable to a wide audience by developing strategies for creating key messages, fact sheets, press releases, social media posts and creative digital materials and mobilizing teams accordingly
• Build strong relationships with top-tier media outlets so that our clients’ efforts receive the best coverage for advancing their goals
• Elevating the voice and expertise of high-level influencers by polishing opinion pieces at key moments, prepping them for interviews, and providing ongoing counsel
• Leveraging trends in media coverage, key announcements, new evidence and high-level conversations to further strategies that work on behalf of client interests
• Oversee all major deliverables by developing a vision and strategy and delegating work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Leading client calls and meetings, while mentoring team members on how to do these things effectively
• Over-communicating with senior management on progress and challenges, creating solutions to problems before they arise
• Understanding background and nuance across our priority issue areas to form compelling arguments and provide strategic counsel to clients
• Coaching junior staff members on writing, client-facing interactions, and time management skills
• Attending events and meetings with senior management on behalf of clients