The USA Poultry & Egg Export Council (USAPEEC) is a national trade association, headquartered in suburban Atlanta, Georgia, that represents the interests of America’s poultry and egg export industry, perennially one of America’s most important and successful export sectors. Through its network of international offices and consultants in key markets around the globe, USAPEEC keeps current on issues that have a direct impact on U.S. poultry and egg exports, advocates for the industry on trade policy issues, and carries out promotional activities that will increase the exports of U.S. poultry and eggs around the world.
Scope of Position Activities
The marketing consultant shall be entrusted with a scope of activities that will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain a business and information relationship with importers, institutional users, and government representatives in the regions for the benefit of the U.S. poultry and egg industry.
- Implement marketing activities for the benefit of the industry that have been approved in the Annual Marketing Plan or by the Export Council. Activities will include, but not limited to, participation in food trade shows, trade and government seminars, menu promotions, chef training, retail and food service promotions.
- Monitor the market situation in the region and advise the Export Council through daily communication with the Hong Kong-based Regional Director of Market Development for China, as well as the manager of Asia activities out of the home office. Market information will also be distributed to the Council’s membership through the timely submission of the required monthly marketing and management reports.
- Liaise with the USDA/FAS representatives in the region, as required, so that they will be informed and involved in the activities of the Export Council in their area of responsibility.
- Coordinate all trade policy related issues concerning U.S. trade with China, working closely with USAPEEC’s Hong Kong and home office. This will also often require preparation of industry responses as relates to those issues.
- Offer any technical assistance that can assist in resolving a trade issue for the Council’s membership.
- Develops and presents marketing reports and programs to Council members at annual meetings and conferences to highlight market conditions and opportunities in China.
- Other related tasks involved with the international promotion of U.S. poultry and egg products that are not outlined above but deemed necessary by the President of the USA Poultry & Egg Export Council.