This individual will be responsible for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) direct and indirect business development, including import sales, joint venture (JV), and other business acquisitions projects along the value chain. Significant engagement with key Chinese National Oil Companies (NOC), producers and customers in advising in the negotiation of short and long-term contracts in support of new and existing business. Candidate must have an understanding of regulations/requirements for LNG in China in order to advance Energy Transfer (ET) business objectives and goals.
The position reports to the VP - International Business Development in Beijing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complete understanding of the China LNG industry;
2. Ability to work with and influence Chinese central and local provincial government officials and internal and external business stakeholders;
3. Identify, source and develop a portfolio of new business opportunities for LNG in support of the ET business strategy and growth plans;
4. Provide specific China market intelligence to Partnership Business Development teams;
5. Ability to coordinate and collaboratively work with other Commercial groups, teams and subject matter experts (SME) i.e. Legal, Finance, Tax, Engineering, etc.;
6. Lead on due diligence, negotiations and handling problems to a successful outcome;
7. This position will involve a good deal of personal initiative, interpersonal and negotiating skills, travel and after hour customer meetings.