The Government Affairs and Policy Associate, will be responsible for AmCham China’s engagement with local Chinese government departments, in addition to spearheading social impact projects in accordance with AmCham China’s mission and member companies’ needs.
The associate will focus roughly 70% of his/her time and efforts on developing, maintaining, and strengthening AmCham China’s relations with local governments by organizing 2-3 Business Investment Outreach (B.I.O.) trips to different provinces or cities as selected by members every year, coordinating visits from local government delegations, facilitating members’ participation in national or local conferences/summits/events, and exploring partnerships with select governments to promote their value propositions via the AmCham China platform.
Additionally, AmCham China is looking to develop a new social impact initiative. The associate will devote approximately 30% of his/her time and efforts on developing and executing AmCham China’s social impact strategies and programs, including efforts to demonstrate US companies’ contribution to China, promoting AmCham China and member companies’ commitment to social responsibility, and creating opportunities for member companies to connect with relevant stakeholders.
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Execute AmCham China’s annual Business Investment Outreach trips to 2-3 provinces or cities, including event page setup, communication with both member companies and local government officials to better understand their needs, logistical support during the trips, and overseeing any needed follow-up;
• Monitor local policies and communicate with member companies on a regular basis;
• Proactively engage with member companies and identify, establish, and develop relations with relevant key stakeholders, including local governments, associations, NGOs, and think tanks;
• Facilitate working- and high-level meetings between AmCham China leaders, member companies, and key stakeholders, including government officials, experts from think tanks and universities, and relevant associations;
• Explore the development of strategic partnerships with local governments to develop value-added services for members;
• Coordinate important national/local conferences and events outside of Beijing;
• Work closely with AmCham China’s Marketing and Communication and other relevant teams to deliver and effectively communicate AmCham China’s commitment to social responsibility, and reinforce our commitment to contribute to both the US and China’s economic and social developments.