Intern with the American Chamber of Commerce in China!
One of the Member Operation team’s key responsibilities is to operate AmCham China’s industry / issue-based Forums and Committees – our member-driven working groups that serves as the life blood of the Chamber’s policy and regulatory advocacy (A), business insights sharing (B) and professional community development activities (C). Many of these A, B and C activities are delivered through our content rich speaker programs and topic-based seminars, which offer students intimate opportunities to interact with and learn from industry experts and business practitioners first-hand information on U.S.-China trade, market access, policy, regulatory and technology development issues across many different industries.
Member Operation team is also responsible for a set of business development opportunities at AmCham China, including providing exclusive sponsorship products and promotional services for our membership. These services are provided in collaboration with our Marketing & Communications team, and are critical to the success of our year-around signature programs and print and digital publications.
As the largest hub of member services and engagement, our past interns enjoyed the opportunities working on a variety of programs and services through very close collaboration with both members and other teams within the organization. In addition to subject matter knowledge, these have became important pathways to develop professional skills including stakeholder management, resource sharing, driving a project from scratch to success, marketing, business development, and others.
The Member Operations team is looking for a fluent Chinese-speaking intern who is also comfortable working in English. We are looking for individuals who can:
• Conduct market and industry research in order to produce topics and content for our advocacy, industry and community programs, and assist the implementation of events;
• Provide on-site support for regular and signature programs ranging from small executive breakfast events, to larger 200+ attendee signature events;
• Develop research report and publications harnessing policy and industry insights from our programs to be published on our website, weekly e-newsletter, and quarterly magazine which is viewed by over 3,000 individuals across over 900-member companies – many of which are amongst the Fortune 500 category and emerging tech start-ups;
• Perform project management tasks including member segmentation, executive invitation, event marketing promotion, post-event financial tracking, etc.;
• Support Member Operations staff team on projects as needed.