Each member of the Forum and Committee support team has a designated portfolio of industry and issue based forums and committees, and serves as a key point of contact to engage with industries, interest groups, individual member companies and executives on the following key responsibilities:
• Developing industry advocacy agenda together with leadership and key members of each forum or committee, and following up with engagement with key U.S. and Chinese government and industrial stakeholders to produce policy and regulatory progress beneficial for U.S. companies’ competitive position in China;
• Monitoring key policy, regulatory, business and technological developments corresponding to each forum or committee, and accordingly creating event programs with thought leaders to keep sustained dialogues as a key AmCham China service;
• Organizing key companies within each forum and committee to participate in promotional events around China to strengthen market access and business development under AmCham China’s brand;
• Creating networking gatherings that would strengthen membership loyalty and togetherness as a professional community;
• Working with each other within the Member Operations team and with colleagues from other team to ensure meaningful participation by members in AmCham China’s advocacy initiatives, thought leadership, corporate and social events, and marketing and communications activities.
In order to fulfill these responsibilities, each Forum and Committee Coordinator is expected to demonstrate strong organizational and managerial skills to:
• Manage membership database corresponding to the designated forum or committee;
• Maintain productive engagement and relationship with key member companies and individual members;
• Be able learn and understand key subject matter and operational knowledge;
• Be able to leverage skills, expertise, resources and support from different teams to deliver successful execution of F&C programs.
Our Forum and Committee support staff are amongst those growing the fastest across the whole AmCham China organization, and are put on a three-phase development path with clear development indicators of business and soft skill goals and performance evaluation, and are often successful to make connections to their next step corporate career in specific industries and functional fields, especially in the fields of government and corporate affairs, marketing and strategy, and public relations and corporate communications.