Job Description Published:2018-12-05
Government Affairs Policy Intern
Government Affairs Policy Intern
北京 北京市朝阳区工体北路甲2号，盈科中心4号门3层. 100027
Beijing Floor 3, Gate 4, Pacific Century Place, 2A Workers’ Stadium North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, PRC, 100027
Chaowai business district
-Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
-Flexible start time upon approval
-Full and part-time opportunities available
The policy intern will support AmCham China’s government affairs team in the execution of various projects, including:
o drafting and editing the annual White Paper on American Business in China
o collecting data and conducting analysis for the annual Business Climate Survey: these are two of AmCham China’s leading policy documents, which have both been cited on
average at least once a day in news media around the world!
o researching, drafting, editing, and proofreading a variety of written products on US-China relations and regulatory and policy issues of interest to AmCham China members
o supporting ad hoc events, including helping with invitations, registration, event write-ups, etc.
o designing and implementing a research project on a topic related to US-China relations over the course of the internship period
• Students currently enrolled in master’s degree programs in international relations, business, or related fields; or current undergraduate students in relevant majors are welcome to apply.
• Native English or Chinese speaker with exceptional written command of the English language; ability to conduct research and communicate in Chinese preferred
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Strong interest or academic background in US-China relations, foreign policy and trade policy
• Candidates who are dependable, flexible, able to take initiative and work well in a team environment
• 1 page cover letter in English detailing candidate’s interest and qualifications for the AmCham China internship, attached in pdf format
• 1 page resume in English, in pdf format
• 1 writing sample in pdf format in topics related to US-China relations (in English, 500-700 words)
• Please send your application in 1 pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for GA Policy Internship”
In the body of the email, please include the following:
• Available dates and preference for a full time or part time position
• Department preferences: Candidates should submit their application only once, but state if they want to also be considered for positions in other AmCham China departments
• Current status: location (city/country), citizenship, and visa status with regards to China (e.g., Chinese citizen currently studying abroad, Chinese student, American in Beijing on an X visa)
• Contact information
• Candidates must be currently enrolled in a university program
• Expat candidates must be X1 or X2 visa holders
• Minimum time commitment of 10 weeks
• Part-time interns should spend at least three days a week in the office
The American Chamber of Commerce in China (AmCham China) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that seeks to help American companies succeed in China through advocacy, information sharing, networking, and business support services. Our Government Affairs team is searching for an intern to support our policy and advocacy work.
Interns will be based in Beijing.
When asked about their experience interning with AmCham China, former interns have said:
“I feel that I can talk intelligently about the current trends in most of the industries AmCham touches.”
“AmCham China provides a platform for you to get involved with industry players in a friendly environment. The dynamic nature of the internship allows you to lend a helping hand and get involved with new projects of interest as they emerge. At one annual meeting I was given the responsibility of coordinating a multimedia presentation for the 80+ business leaders in attendance. I was given the resources needed and told to ‘make it happen.’ I really loved it!"
Pictures Show :