This position entails coordination of working groups and committees involving a wide-ranging regulatory affairs for Kellen association clients related to the food and pharmaceutical industry. The candidate will also be responsible for monitoring, analyzing, summarizing and communicating government affairs related issues, as well as helping to develop strategies to address and coordinating outreach to regulators.
• Manage client working groups and committees related to regulatory affairs issues including preparation of meeting materials, meeting minutes, follow up action item lists, etc.
• Monitor, analyze, and summarize legislative and regulatory developments on a wide variety of issues at the federal and state levels; research legislative and regulatory policy proposals, draft memos for association clients, and suggest action.
• Provide input into the development and implementation of association clients’ public policy agendas and help coordinate/execute actions to address their goals.
• Work with committee members and staff teams to develop industry strategies for addressing these developments as well as proactive industry initiatives.
• Attend public policy hearings, briefings, seminars, coalition meetings, and other events to represent association clients and provide reports.
• Create and maintain strong relationships with likeminded organizations and coalitions.
• Contribute to external communications content related to legislative and regulatory developments including, but not limited to, newsletters, website content, press releases, and editorials.