1. Manage the strategic direction of the Access China market entry program through the Representative Office in
Shanghai, driving export opportunities, and developing strategies that initiate export activities between Victoria,
Australia, and China
2. Assist Victorian companies to plan and execute their market development activities into Chinese markets through the
provision of tailored market intelligence, development of business leads, provision of advice and introductions,
vetting of partners, participation in trade shows, business matching, and by supporting exporters to enter markets in
the region, facilitating opportunities and minimising risk.
3. Establish and maintain close working relationships with stakeholders and government officials.
4. Develop effective business networks, including key allies such as Austrade, chambers of commerce and industry
associations able to support the market entry activities of Victorian companies utilising the Representative Office.
5. Provide liaison between the Victorian Government and the Shanghai/China markets in order to coordinate Ministerial
visits, Trade Missions and other visiting outbound/inbound delegations, including logistics and on-the-ground
arrangements, planning, developing detailed itineraries, meetings, presentations, follow up and guidance.
6. Research and prepare industry reports for publication both through the Victorian Export Network (VEN) website and
directly to Victorian companies, manage related online project focused forums and provide high quality reports and
advice on the operation and delivery of the Access